In CookologyBulgaria, we prefer to make sandwiches a bit more unconventionally. That’s why we’re bringing to you an open sandwich with pears and goat cheese. We can ensure you – it is delicious!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Everyone can cook it !
– 1 baguette or small sourdough loaf
– olive oil, for griddling
– 2 pears, eg Williams, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
– 150g French goat’s cheese, eg crottin, soft or ripe, cut into the same number of slices as the pears
– freshly ground black pepper
– 4 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped or crumbled
How to do it:
Step 1: Preheat the grill on its highest setting. If using a baguette, slice it in half across the middle and trim off the very ends. Slice each half into 4 pieces to give 8 in total. If using a sourdough loaf, cut it into 8 slices about 2cm thick.
Step 2: Place a griddle pan over a high heat. When hot, drizzle with a little oil and lower the heat. Add the bread and toast on either side until lightly crisp and golden.
Step 3: Transfer the toasts to a baking sheet. Arrange the pear and cheese slices alternately on each one. Season with pepper and sprinkle with the walnuts. Grill for 1–2 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Put some honey on top and serve immediately.